Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Olympics


I guess you could say it is sort of a special year this year because of the Olympics. Once every four years we get to see dudes fly down an icy track face first at 80+ mph, dudes wearing odd outfits and dancing on skates, and people swifering ice while sliding a rock towards a circle and guess what. We love it. I personally fell victim to mens short-routine figure skating; something I would never be caught dead watching. I started to think about these less popular sports that are only highlighted during the games and I just wonder what it is like to live that type of life. It's not like major corporations save their best commercials for a break in the Bobsledding World Championships. It must be an odd experience to be virtually unknown to having your face seen by planet earth. Like going from nothing to everything. Although the Winter Games are not as popular as the Summer games, it still seems to bring the same feelings as being human. At least thats how I feel. The Olympics help me to realize that I am a human on this earth sharing different interests, especially those of the Skeletoners, and thats just fine. I am happy for those that get to show their expertise on such a great stage. And although not everyone can take home a medal, representing your country and your species is something more important than Bronze, Silver or Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment