Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Now for the real stuff


Well I had to start this blog for a class that I am currently taking and now I think that I would like to continue with it. It is kind of relaxing to tell you the truth. Today, has been anything but relaxing. Starting off hung over is probably not the best way to get your day going, but i guess you just have to roll with things like that. Last night was my friend (and first kiss) Maddie's birthday and I went to the bars with her and her boyfriend even though I really did not want to. But, in doing so I learned something; you can always find fun in anything. I am taking this idea from a movie I saw recently called "Yes Man". In the movie Jim Carey, is stuck in his own personal rut, goes to a seminar where the main focus is taking all the opportunities you can in your life by saying, you guessed it, "Yes"! After seeing this movie I recalled times in my life where I said yes to things I may not wanted to do, but discovered something that made me very happy. I feel the way I met my girlfriend, Kayla, was in a 'Yes Man' type of way. I was stuck in my own personal issues with my ex-girlfriend and was very reluctant to open up to anyone, including my friends. Kayla and I met through our friends and I can say for a fact that it may not have happened unless we both became 'yes men/women'. I know that I will probably not get to many people to view this type of blog, but it helps me none the less. Hooray.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know a little bit about about you! Dane's Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete